The process involves engagement and planning in Year-1, embedding SEL within practice and culture in Year-2, choosing and implementing an evidence-based SEL program or curriculum in Year-3, and scaling and sustainability in Year-4.
The Partnership has been supported by funding from the Novo Foundation to provide:
- An external CASEL coach to support partner districts to guide districts in create and monitoring a SEL system-wide implementation.
- CASEL training for district /school leadership teams in implementing social and emotional learning system-wide.
- Opportunities for district SEL leaders to collaborate, share learning and examine resources related to system-wide SEL implementation through a SEL Professional Learning Community for leaders.
- CASEL data collection processes to measure and monitor progress toward implementing SEL system-wide and to inform district decisions.
- Districts, schools, families and communities information and resources in using SEL as an effective approach to address issues related to bullying.